Fiduciary Fundamentals for Private Trusts
Are you meeting your obligations to your trust? If you're a trustee, it's your legal responsibility to ensure that decisions are being made in the best interest of the trust's beneficiaries. And as a fiduciary, you may be personally liable for the decisions you make. Fiduciary Fundamentals for Private Trusts is a great way to better understand your fiduciary role and learn how to carry out your fiduciary responsibilities.
What is Fiduciary Fundamentals for Private Trusts?
- A Training course built for trustees involved in the trust investment process
- Based on the "Prudent Practices for Investment Stewards" handbook, developed by the fiduciary experts at Fi360, and delivered by a qualified instructor who has earned the Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst® (AIFA®) designation
- The course covers the scope of fiduciary responsibilities and what trustees need to do to fulfill those duties to a fiduciary standard of care
Benefits to the Trustee
- Better understand your role and responsibilities as a trust investment fiduciary
- Reduce and manage risk and personal liability
- Learn about a prudent decision-making process focused on helping the trust achieve its objectives
- Select qualified advisors and service providers
Course Learning Objectives
- Recognize the fiduciary role of a trustee and the importance of adopting prudent processes
- Illustrate the seven fiduciary precepts and the obligations of a trustee
- Apply the fiduciary precepts to a simple investment decision-making process
- Session 1: The Role of the Trustee
- Session 2: Seven Fiduciary Precepts Every Trustee Must Know
- Session 3: Applying the Fiduciary Precepts
To learn more about Fiduciary Fundamentals for Private Trusts, contact David Boone at 404-713-0247 or email him.